|Students of TU Dresden
|• Exploration of voices and movements that promote decolonization and interculturality
• Critical analysis of current discourses and practices related to decolonial thinking.
• Exploration of the relationship between language, power and coloniality.
• Reflection on strategies to promote equality and respect in intercultural contexts for the construction of more equitable societies.
|B1+ or proof of knowledge through a placement test
|European Framework of Reference/CEFR:
|Type of teaching/duration:
|1 semester language learning seminar/language course | 2 SWS
|The total workload is 45 hours. Of these, 30 hours are spent in attendance and 15 hours are spent on self-study, including exam preparation and taking the exam.
|Frequency of the course:
|- Presentation (15 minutes)
The credit points are acquired when the examination is passed.
|Credit points and grades:
|graded participation certificate
|In Spanish, students have the ability to independently
communicate in written and oral form related to their
studies and careers at level B2 of the Common European
Framework of Reference for Languages.
The aims of the course include:
- develop a deeper knowledge of the concepts and principles of decolonial thinking and interculturality,
- a reflection on colonial past and its impact,
- raise awareness of cultural diversity,
- analyse complex power structures associated with colonial and postcolonial contexts
- recognise and critically question stereotypes and prejudices in order to promote intercultural encounters based on respect and equality,
- build and improve communication skills in intercultural situations to avoid misunderstandings and interact effectively with people from different cultural backgrounds.
|General language requirement level B2, taking into account the respective study regulations / requirement for level C1.
|Announcement by the teacher
SPANISH B2 – PENSAMIENTO DECOLONIAL E INTERCULTURALIDAD
GLORIA TERESA ARREGOCES IBARRA
LANGUAGE SPECIALIST – ROMANCE LANGUAGES
RESPONSIBLE FOR SPANISH
Freiberger Straße 37, room 101
(0351) 404 70 244
SE1, Zellescher Weg 22, room 16a
(0351) 463 31699
Consultations by appointment