|Target group:||Foreign students at the TU Dresden|
|Contents:||- Basics of scientific language,|
- Development of reading strategies,
- Production of subject and science-related texts,
- Preparation of application documents,
- Additional media for independent work on and with texts.
|Prerequisite:||B2 or proof of knowledge through a placement test.|
|European Framework of Reference/CEFR:||B2+|
|Type of teaching/duration:||1 semester language learning seminar/language course | 2 SWS|
|Frequency of the course:||WiSe + SoSe|
|Workload:||The total workload is 75 hours. Of these, 30 hours are accounted for by attendance and 45 hours by self-study, including preparation for the exam and completion of the exam.|
|Examinations:||- Written exam (90 minutes) and oral exam (15 minutes)|
- The credit points are earned when the examination is passed.
- The examination results cannot be offset.
- The examination results are weighted 2 (written exam): 1 (oral exam), unless another weighting is specified in the respective study regulations.
|Credit points and grades:||- (Graded) participation certificate / TU-Zertifikat (if all 3 EBW courses have been completed)|
|Qualification goals:||The students are able to study independently and produce work-related written and oral communication in German at level B2+ of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. The students can largely understand complex scientific and job-related written or oral technical texts, express them clearly and fluently in detail and using complex linguistic structures on selected topics in their field, use a variety of strategies to ensure understanding. The students have intercultural skills.|
|Usability:||General language requirement level B2+ taking into account the respective study regulations / prerequisite for level C1.|
|Teaching material:||Announced by the teacher.|
German B2+ – EBW 3: Introduction to Professional and Scientific Language
LANGUAGE SPECIALIST – GERMAN AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE
SE1, Raum 01
0351 / 463 40598
Consultations by appointment