|Target group:||Foreign students at the TU Dresden|
|Contents:||- Texts and audio texts on everyday situations, especially in the university environment,|
- Oral and written text production and interaction on this topic,
- Development of relevant reading and listening strategies,
- Development of grammatical structures and an extended vocabulary.
|Prerequisite:||A2+ or proof of knowledge through a placement test.|
|European Framework of Reference/CEFR:||B1|
|Type of teaching/duration:||1 semester language learning seminar/language course | 4 SWS|
|Frequency of the course:||WiSe + SoSe|
|Workload:||The total workload is 150 hours. Of these, 60 hours are accounted for by attendance and 90 hours by self-study, including preparation for the exam and completion of the exam.|
|Examinations:||- Written exam (90 minutes)|
- Only when credited as a module: written exam (90 minutes) and oral exam (15 minutes)
- The credit points are acquired if the examination(s) is/are passed.
- The examination results cannot be offset.
- The examination results are weighted 2 (written exam): 1 (oral exam), unless another weighting is specified in the respective study regulations.
|Credit points and grades:||- Graded participation certificate if only an exam is written.|
- If credited as a module (written exam and oral exam), 5 credit points are acquired unless the subject-specific study regulations specify otherwise.
|Qualification goals:||The students have advanced communicative skills in German at level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference. Students can understand the main points of audio texts on topics related to everyday life and the academic environment when spoken in clearly articulated standard language or a familiar variety, understand broadly factual texts on topics related to their own interests and areas of expertise, express themselves in detail and coherently express themselves orally and in writing on subjects of their own interest and draft simple official documents. They master communication techniques such as summarizing, arguing, and evaluating and can take the initiative in conversations.|
|Usability:||General language requirement level B1 taking into account the respective study regulations / prerequisite for level B1+.|
|Teaching material:||Spektrum Deutsch B1+: Integriertes Kurs- und Arbeitsbuch für Deutsch als Fremdsprache, Schubert Verlag, ISBN: 978-3941323346|
LANGUAGE SPECIALIST – GERMAN AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE
SE1, Raum 01
0351 / 463 40598
Consultations by appointment