Certificate of Advanced Professional/Business English
3 profile courses
No additional final exam/oral exam.
The ‘Certificate Advanced Professional English’ can be expanded to a ‘Diploma’.
Diploma of Advanced Professional/Business English
The course includes 3 mandatory profile courses (6 SWS)
- Oral Communication in Business/P1 (C1) or International Negotiations/P24 (C1+)
- Advanced Professional Writing/P12 (C1) or Academic Writing/P23 (C1)
- Project Development and Administration/ P11 (C1/2) – Completion Course
plus at least 2 elective profile courses (4 SWS)
plus final oral exam
It is possible to attend individual or additional courses.
For the issuance of the APE/ABE diploma, please contact the TUDIAS administration staff immediately after passing the final examination (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Each course concludes with a grade (graded assessment of language performance).
At the end of each profile course, the students receive a participation certificate on which the grade is shown.
Oral final exam for APE/ABE Diploma
Earning the Diploma requires an oral final exam consisting of:
- the presentation of a text (30 minutes preparation, dictionaries allowed) and
- an examination interview: job interview questions (bring your CV to the examination), studies, career prospects, current affairs, plus at least 3 academic subject complexes for the modules you have taken, or for the subject (give about 8 keywords for each of the 3 subject complexes) that must be submitted to the course instructor or person responsible for APE at least one week before the exam.
For the final oral exam, you must register with the person responsible for the Project Module (if the oral exam is taken immediately afterwards) or with the English language officer of the TUDIAS staff.
Pass the exams of the chosen courses.
These courses are shown on the certificate (including grade and GER level)
An overall grade is not given.
The final grade is determined as follows:
- Project: 25%
- Final oral exam: 25%
- Profile courses: 50% (All courses – with the exception of the project course – are averaged, which then accounts for 50% of the overall grade.)
- Level: CEFR C1/C2
Please apply for the certificate to be issued by the TUDIAS administration staff (email@example.com). Proof that you have met the admission requirements may need to be presented (TU certificates, passed placement test).